Crock Pot Tropical Stew Recipe
- 1-42 ounce can pineapple juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 15-ounce can whole beets (do not drain)
- 2 sweet onions (such as Vidalia), sliced ( see images for cutting guide )
- 3 pounds beef stew meat cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1-15 ounce can sweet peas, drained
- 1-15 ounce can carrots, drained
- 1-15 ounce can sweet corn, drained
- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed ( See images for cutting guide )
- 2-3 teaspoons salt (start with lower amount and add to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ cup clover honey
- Making the stew is simple: just toss all the ingredients into your crock pot, and add your salt, pepper, and clover honey over the top.
- Turn the crockpot on low for 12 hours.
- This is an easy meal for overnight or morning preparation to enjoy in the evening. The beef will fall apart easily. The potato skin and the red beets will lose their color. This is normal.
- Stir well before serving. Use a slotted spoon to transfer food to your serving dish, and then use a ladle to pour some of the liquid on top. This is also excellent when served over rice.
- To reheat on the stovetop, bring to a light boil and then serve. To reheat in the microwave, heat 3 to 5 minutes on high.
Published: March 2nd, 2015 | 1,015 Reads